Monday, August 22, 2011

W.O.W. Fitness and Temple Building

Probably about a year and a half ago, I posted on Facebook about going to yoga class. A friend commented and said, "Hey, there's free yoga classes at a church in Fayetteville!" She had my attention with 'free'! :) I checked out their FB page and joined the group. Never did go to class, though. I got all their posts and read them, but didn't attend any classes. In January, the group administrator posted an event called Temple Building Informational Meeting. It was described as a 12 week healthy eating and exercise program. Still struggling with baby weight (so worth it though, right??), I said 'sign me up!' Now, if you know me, you'll know that's weird for me. I'm not the type to go to an event where I know NOBODY at a place I have NEVER been. God was definitely at work there, because I never wavered from saying I was going (even when it was cancelled and rescheduled due to snow!). So I went to the meeting, joined up with that round of Temple Building, and now am a healthier me! :) I've now done two rounds of Temple Building, lost about 30 pounds and lots of inches, lost two (sometimes three) pant sizes, and am wearing a medium shirt for the first time since probably high school. Oh, and did I mention I feel so much better?? I actually have the energy to run after my kids, and that's worth way more than anything else. I told a friend today that this is the first time in my life that I actually like myself. I love these programs so much, and I would love for you to come along! Temple Building is about to start again! There are informational meetings on Tuesday, August 23 and Thursday, August 26 at 7 pm. Meetings are held at the church on the 2nd floor of the Activity Center, which is at the back of the church campus.

W.O.W. Fitness is a ministry of the Trinity Fellowship Assembly of God in Fayetteville. All classes are free and only for women. There are women from age 65-ish to teenagers there, all fitness levels. There are different types of classes on different days of the week, and multiple times each day. My favorite classes are Pump it Up and Cardio Groove (who doesn't love to dance?!). From the website: "WOW Fitness classes are about so much more than just working out! Women are building self confidence. They are getting stronger and healthier. But most of all, we are bonding and building new friendships. If you want to be encouraged, come join this wonderful group of ladies for an awesome workout. – Director Tammy Hill"

Temple Building is NOT A DIET, just to be clear. It is a lifestyle change. It's about eating healthier and being conscious of what you eat and how active you are. From the FB site: Temple Building is a 12 week healthy eating & exercising plan. It is about getting as healthy as you can in the body God gave you. You do not have to attend W.O.W. Fitness classes to be a part of Temple Building. You do NOT have to sign up for Temple Building to come to one of the meetings!! Just come hear what it is all about & decide then if you are interested. There will be A LOT of information given out that can be useful to you whether you sign up or not. You DO have to come to one of the meetings to sign up for Temple Building!! There are 2 opportunities. You will get an invite for both but you just need to attend one. Feel free to invite your friends!! Women only!!
I hope you will give it some thought and prayer. These programs have literally changed my life, and I want it to do the same for so many other people! To close, how about a little slide show? ;) Chronological order, of course!
If you have any questions or want me to meet you outside for the Tuesday meeting, just let me know!

May 2010 - Keegan is 1 year old



December 2010 - before starting Temple Building

March 2011 - 1 month into Temple Building, down 1 pants size

May 2011 - After 1 round of Temple Building, down almost 2 pants sizes.


July 2011 - After 2 rounds of Temple Building, down over 2 pants sizes (and wondering why Keegan is digging in the dirt! )

August 2011 - Down 3 pants sizes (depending on the brand) and feeling pretty darn good! :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! I'm so proud of you! Such an inspiration.

Sheri said...

Uh, oops...that anonymous was actually me, Sheri. I don't do this enough to know the proper blog commenting procedures. So, I thought I would try it again. This time with a name =).