Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter fun







We had a big Easter weekend. On Saturday morning, we went to church for an Easter Egg Hunt, breakfast, and PROTO show. Livy especially liked the bunny in the PROTO show; she kept waving at him and saying "Hi bunny!" :) The two and three-year-olds were grouped together and hunted eggs in the nursery playground. Livy did an excellent job hunting, if I do say so myself!
























After the hunt at church, we went down to Wes' parents' house to celebrate Easter and Uncle Sam's birthday. Livy and Jackson had a great time hunting eggs, feeding fish, and petting/feeding chickens.


















On Easter Sunday, we went to church in the morning. After that, we went to the Clarion with my parents to eat lunch. Livy went with my mom to pay after we ate, and there was a harpist playing by the register. They came back to the table and Livy said, "I want to see the princess!" We finally figured out that she meant the harpist. Livy was just mesmerized by her; the harpist was nice enough to let Livy touch her harp, too. After lunch, we tried (unsuccessfully) to get Livy to take a nap. Then we went to my parents' house for an egg hunt. My mom brought back confetti eggs from South Texas. They are made of real eggshells that have been blown out and washed. They are then filled with confetti. So you're supposed to break them and then throw the confetti. How fun! We tried to break one on my head, but it was too tough. Ouch! Livy had a great time.






1 comment:

debbie said...

OH MY GOODNESS. How cute are you guys?! I miss you. :(