Sunday, June 1, 2008

Slave to fashion...

As you may or may not know, the Disney store at the mall is closing. Last week, Livy convinced Nanny to buy her some Ariel flip-flops. Livy has never been one for the flip-flop shoe, as she does not like the thing between her toes (and she has kinda chubby toes). However, she assured Nanny that she liked them and even tried them on in the store. The same day, I bought her some lime green Croc-type shoes at The Children's Place. My shoes, sadly, were the losers of the day. Not for long, though. :) Here's the conversations we have had about the two pairs lately... The first was on Wednesday afternoon, the second was today as we were about to leave for church.

Me: Livy, do you want to wear the mermaid shoes or the green shoes?
Livy: The mermaid ones.
Me: Are you sure?
Livy: Yes, the mermaid ones.
(We then go outside and start to water the plants. After about 2 minutes, the conversation resumes...)
Livy: Mom, I need go inside and change shoes.
Me: Livy, can you wait until I'm done watering the flowers?
Livy: No, these hurt my feet. I shoulda wore the geen ones...

Livy (holding up her Ariel flip-flops): Mom, is it okay if I wear these?
Me: Well, I thought you said they hurt your feet...
Livy: Yeah, but I can probly wear them anyway.

Ha! How funny is that? She also saw some "jelly" shoes tonight and wanted them. I said, "No, they'll hurt your feet." All I could think of was my wanting jelly shoes and my mom saying the EXACT same thing to me. The circle of life, huh? ;)

No comments: